Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tita Yaya :-)

Originally, Texas wasn't part of my itinerary in my trip to the US (actually I didn't have any itinerary at all--it was anything goes hahaha). But when my tito called up to say that my tita in Texas (she was also vacationing there and staying with her son--my cuz) had to have an emergency operation and needed someone to help take care of my nieces after the operation, I jumped at the chance. And oh, how I jumped at the chance! I practically pounced on it like a tiger, I was that excited. =) Though I was going there mainly to help out, it still seemed like a good idea as I haven't seen my cousin and his family for quite some time. Besides, it would be my first time to go to Texas. ;-)

Here are some pictures of my nieces:

Kate and Ella at the play/media room. This is where they play in the afternoon while my tita and I keep an eye on them--and while trying to watch a movie at the same time--mostly Kate's countless Barbie and Disney Princesses flicks! I did more kid-watching of course, as Ella might cry and needed a nap or Kate might suddenly ask for milk (or ask me to play with her or answer her countless questions or...). Quite tiring, yes, but fun.

Tell me, who can resist this cute little girl's charming smile? Certainly not I! :-) This was one of those rare times she smiled at me. Ahh, priceless. Most of the time she just stared at me with a funny/wondering look, probably thinking, "Who is this crazy lady trying to be funny?" Hehehe. Honestly, I didn't even know how to hold her properly the first time when she was crying. It took me a couple of days to get the hang of it as it has been a long time since I held a baby. But hey, I became an expert in putting her to sleep after those couple of days! Take note that I'm an expert in putting her to SLEEP, not in making her LAUGH. ;-P

Kate et moi fooling around at Herrmann Park in Downtown Houston. My tita was a whole lot better by this time, and my cousin had the day off so he had the opportunity to show me the sights. Oh yeah, the pool behind us is called the Mary Gibbs and Jesse H. Jones Reflection Pool.

add-on:
see more of my Texas adventures:

9 comments:

  1. Awwww ... I like her smile, she sure is cute!

    (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are great! And you are right... what a charming smile!! It looks like you are having a wonderful time here in Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of the youngsters. What expressions.
    I hope you're not caught up in the unreasonable amount of rain drenching Texas! Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate and Ella are so cute. Hahaha... Tita Yaya. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so cute!

    Isn't Texas huge? Was it hot when you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. kyels: yep, she's really cute! i miss that kid already! =)

    rochelle: i really had a wonderful time in texas! can't wait to go back there! =)

    luke: thanks!=)

    don: thanks! when i was there i thought the weather in texas was weird: it rains then suddenly it becomes sunny. thanks for dropping by! =)

    toe: hahaha f na f ko nga ang pagiging tita yaya nyahahahaha =)

    señor enrique: sooo huge! for the most part it was hot, i didn't even need a coat. parang rainy season sa pinas ang weather, unpredictable. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Carlotta!

    You got adorable cousins there :) I'm sure though the experience was a bit tiresome, it was all worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep it was so worth it, verns! miss ko na nga kakulitan nila eh! =)

    ReplyDelete

Virent Ova! Viret Perna!!