Tuesday, October 30, 2007

a disappointment and the delights of anticipation

disappointing:

club sandwich special: after being enticed by the picture on the menu, it didn't take me long to decide what to order. it didn't matter that it was almost 200 bucks as long as it's worth it. meaning, it should be very tasty and the serving size is up to par with my appetite. read: BIG serving. well, after the waiter brought my order to the table, all my high expectations went up a notch... at least at first. yup, the serving was really big that i didn't think i could finish it but no problem, one of my friends could help me. ;-P the only thing so far that disappointed me was the fries, which didn't look like the one on the picture. (ok, note to self: don't believe the pictures you see on the menu). when i took the first bite of the sandwich, suddenly all my high expectations fell flat on its face. i found out that it wasn't so special after all. the very thick slices of bread were quite dry that it didn't complement the light taste of the filling--grilled chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, a slice of cheese and a dollop of mayo--they totally overpowered them. might as well eat sawdust. or better yet, just eat the filling and maybe a piece of bread just so not everything won't be wasted. this is the driest food i've ever eaten to date and it was really hard for me to plunk down 200-plus bucks (with tax already) for it. maybe i should have ordered a soup instead.

whew. just had to let that out.

anyway, on a lighter note, i have been seized with delightful visions of cloudless blue skies, cool breezes, sunny days, the vibrant green of coconut trees, the feel of the warm sand on my feet and the gentle crash of the waves on the shore for the past three weeks...

roxas city and boracay in november? the prospect of NOT seeing so many people at this time? i've always wondered how boracay is like during the off-peak season. i could totally do that! isang... tulog... na... lang... here i cooooooomme!!!!!!!

here's yet another playlist i've made especially for road trips. the fourth song is korean and it holds special memories from my cousin's wedding in ormoc. the beat also conjures up images of laughing friends in a convertible cruising on a highway. ahh, where did that come from? anyway, enjoy!


10 comments:

  1. That's what they call advertisement. You don't get what you see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, bad sandwich? And at 200 smackeroos? You should've had Wendy's biggies... di kaya sa Subway yan? :-D

    Ahh, now you're making me think of my solitary moments at the beach. I love walking along the the seashore at the crack of dawn, amidst the scattered seaweeds, shells and driftwoods washed ashore the previous night...

    You're going to Bora this weekend? Watch out for the Caucasian nudists, marami raw pag off-peak season, hehe. :-D

    Enjoy your vacation, I wish I was on one myself, huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU'RE GOING TO BORA THIS WEEK?????? WOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!! (and a big sigh 4 me..)

    anw, enjoy ur trip..... (im sure u will)

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodness, a 200 peso sandwich that tastes bland and is dry? blah, kaya ayaw ko ng mahal na sandwich hehe.

    ohh, boracay is perfect during off-peak, we were there november last year and the beach is not crowded with over-dressed bikinis and frisbee-throwing yuppies. one thing i noticed, foreigners (cempre nandyan ang mga korean) outnumbered pinoy tourists during off-peak.

    one tip: if you'll do island hopping, go with a group or ask for you to ride a big boat para maikot nyo lahat, kapag maliit yung boat, konti lang mapupuntahan.

    sa beach ka, sa bundok muna kami hehehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when that happens. I tend to fall prey to this often! There are some restaurants in which I only order the same item because I am scared of this happening! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always tell myself to never trust the picture in the menu and I still let myself get duped every single time. When I am in the mood, nang-aaway ako ng waitress, "Eh, bakit yong sa picture, tatlong slices of egg, tapos eto dalawa lang?? Blah, blah." Sometimes I get rewarded for my katarayan...hehe. Eniweis, enjoy your Boracay--inggit ako!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww ... We all have disappointments sometimes, diba?

    HUGS!

    Smile!

    (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugggh! I hate big servings especially if they don't taste good. Why can't restaurants nga serve the same stuff in their photos? Anyway, magv-vacation ka naman. Have fun Carlotta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the rainmaker: yeah, but then again i still get duped. thanks for dropping by! =)

    snglguy: nah, hindi sa subway hehehe =) huwaw ha, so napa-rhapsodize ka rin sa kagandahan ng beach! hah-ha! =)

    krisjasper: yep, actually i'm reporting now straight for the net cafe here in boracay! hehehe thanks! =)

    zherwin: hmm, na-realize ko kahapon lang na it's long weekend, so mejo maraming tao ngayon. anyway enjoy parin! =) kayo din enjoy sa bulubundukin! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. rochelle: lol i know what you mean by that! it's too bad sometimes coz i want to take a break from the same old order. =)

    gypsy: hayyy buti ka pa natatarayan mo waitress ako kahit gusto ko pinagtiyatiyagaan ko na lang so wawa naman ako hehehe. salamat, enjoy ako dito! =)

    kyels: yep, you're right. just chalk it up to experience! *HUGS* =)

    toe: i have asked the same question to myself often. ^^ thanks toe! =)

    ReplyDelete

Virent Ova! Viret Perna!!