Monday, April 27, 2009

wet sneakers

i know i haven't blogged in here for quite some time; my brain is so fried and add to that, haven't gone food tripping nor had any misadventures in a while so no postable posts. (u blogfriends who are also my facebook friends know what's up tho) heheh. but i knew i had to post this one. it's been raining since the second week of april up until now, which is a very strange thing to happen as it's still supposed to be SUMMER. ok, i just can't accept the fact that the weather is like the rainy season, which is supposed to start by the last week of may. apparently the rainy season has made an early start. so much for my tan lines.

as it rained for the nth time this SUMMER, my beloved old, dilapidated travel buddy (aka chuck taylors) took in water once again while i was walking home from the office last monday. am just glad i didn't sink from all that rainwater. heheh. however, the squish-squish of my sneakers wasn't a fun feeling.

why do i insist on wearing my old pair of chucks when i already have a new pair to destroy, err, enjoy? well, the old ones feel the most comfy. yes, even when water seeps in.


the water seeped in more at the front than at the back. the watermarks are visible inside, on the side down to the heels. and oh, look how worn out the sneakers are. que horror!!! LOL


'til my next misadventure! ciao!

6 comments:

  1. Well, I guess it's just the same as us wearing our old baggy tees. The comfort of being in 'em, di ba?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear them screaming!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Converse All-Star when it is worn out and aged. Pareho pala tayo ng hilig ng brand ng shoes. Pero high cut ang gusto ko. Unfortunately, I haven't had any one after my college graduation.

    By the way, it is now raining the whole day today. I hate to say this, but we should accept the fact that summer is ending so early for this year :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i have rubber shoes to destroy, err, enjoy. hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow buhay parin si chuck mo.. katuwa talaga.. hehe un chuck natin di bumibitaw... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi carlota,

    belated HBD!!

    btw, sorry for the off-topic, pero are you in touch with our former FHL writing classmate Ge Cuason? If yes, pls. email me her contact info at grumpyurbanslacker@gmail.com.

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Virent Ova! Viret Perna!!