Wednesday, September 26, 2007

wuzza

that's for a lack of ideas for a title. anyways...

i.am.so.pathetic.this.morning. it wasn't until i was in the office when i felt around in my pocket for my money and felt... nothing.

stupid me, i opted to wear capris instead of jeans where my money is. actually i intended to get the money but since i was already running late, it totally escaped my mind, so...

i frantically looked in my bag to see if there was any loose change and thank God, there is. 44 pesos and fifteen centavos, to be exact. good thing i didn't take that coin purse out of my bag.

but P44.15? how am i gonna survive with that? that isn't enough for a decent meal from 7-11 (hey, that's the only place where i can buy food at the moment), let alone my mrt and jeepney fare afterwards (unless i walk instead).

so what did i do?

i borrowed money from my officemate instead with the promise that i'll pay her back tomorrow and after making sure she still has money left over for her fare home :-)

my gahd, i hope i'll never do that again.

for the record? i don't use a wallet except when i travel. it's so much easier for me to cram my money in my pants pocket. it's easier for me and yes, some pickpocket or bag slasher would be disappointed. hah-ha!

19 comments:

  1. tipid nga...
    btw, member ka na ba ng explore-philippines yahoogroup?
    sali ka rin sa pinoyfrugalchowhound yahoogroup...

    you'll love it there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gawd! I hope that will never happen again too. Usually I won't keep my wallet in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know how it feels to have money but you dont have access to it, huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very wise to travel without wallet ! Might do the same in the future!
    Good you got some friends willing to borrow you some money !

    ReplyDelete
  5. tutubi: yup member nako dun. sige check ko yung isang yahoogroup, sounds fun! thanks for the info =)

    kyels: yea, i guess that's better. bu t then the same thing might happen if i change bags hehehe =)

    iskoo: hayyy ganun talaga buhay. oh well... =)

    sidney: oyez! otherwise i'd ave to make do with only P44.15 for both my lunch and fare home! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing you still had some money in your bag. I once went (well, drove actually) out of town on a short business trip, only to find out while cruising along the north expressway that I left my wallet at home. Buti na lang the gas tank was full at the time at hindi ako hinabol for overspeeding, hehe. Buti na lang the people I visited in San Fernando was kind enough to lend me some money just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at it this way: at least you're still alive and blogging. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sad to hear that youy forgot where you're money was???

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so opposite. I don't carry a wallet when I travel. I HAVE put my money in my school bag, and then forget to transfer it to my purse. Glad it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. buti hindi mo pa to naranasan.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a great lunch after all then!
    Wishing you a lovely end to your week :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Naku minsan ganyan talaga! Buti na lang me barya kang dala. Nangyari na rin sa akin yan at nanghiram na lang ako sa mga ka officemates ko.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. That's almost 2 dollars...and nothing decent at 7-11?

    Mas mahal yata ang 7-11 nyo sa Pinas. For a dollar, I can get a hotdog at 7-11 and free water.

    ReplyDelete
  14. snglguy: masaklap nga yung ganun ang layo mo na saka mo pa nalaman na naiwan mo wallet mo. =)

    abaniko: hehe yeah. =)

    ernesto: just forgot to take it out of my pants pocket. =) thanks for visiting! =)

    rochelle: i guess i have to be more organized when i travel, especially abroad, so that i won't lose anything. =)

    melai: naku, sana hindi na maulit pa =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. renny: yup, had a good lunch, thanks to my officemate! =) hope you had a great weekend! =)

    ferdz: muntik ko pa ngang ilabas yun coins ko sa bag eh! *shiver* buti na lang nga hindi ko tinanggal hehehe =)

    midas: well nothing decent that would fill my bottomless pit lol =) my fare home is exactly P17 so i won't even get a drink with a hotdog =) thanks for visiting! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha di nakasama yung link me papabasa sana ko sayo lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ang money naiwanan, pero i bet ang cellphone hinde? hehehe (nasa bag kasi :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. melai: naku anong link yun? pasend naman ulet naintriga ako tuloy! =)

    zherwin: korak! hayyy at least nakaraos nako sa pangyayaring iyon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello stranger.. LoL.. Just read ur blog.. I'd say it hasn't happen to me yet, but just in case, I now know what to do..

    ReplyDelete

Virent Ova! Viret Perna!!