Wednesday, August 15, 2007

8 things about moi

got tagged for this by Toe, so here's mine. can't do it in poetry like her, though. hehehe! =) it's also my first time to do a meme here, so please bear with me.

1. my idea of soundtripping is listening to one or two songs for one day. or one week... or one month... or until i get tired of listening to it/them and i've moved on to another song. but i still like them nevertheless. can't function without music---at work or if i'm cooking, reading or walking, gotta have music.

2. i. love. am. radio. dramas. been listening to them since high school and i'd love to do voice acting. ;) as a kid, i used to record my voice using different voices. i can do the voices of a witch, monster, ordinary woman, and young girl. i can do british accent too. ^^ but if you ever meet me, please don't ask me to do them. i'm shy. hihihi!

3. i love growing my fingernails on my left hand as long as i possibly could (i'm a righty so the ones on my right hand break more easily). it's a loooooooong process and i'm still lightyears away from holding the record of longest nails in the world. every year my target is to be able to grow them for at least one year but the longest length i've achieved is one frigging inch for ten months in 2005, until one of them broke because it got stuck in the door as i was closing it. can you imagine? *evil laugh* but hey, i almost fainted because of that. now my nails are about 5 millimeters long. and yes, i do measure them. and yes, i can still play the piano with long nails. ;)

4. i enjoy solitude. i can eat in a restaurant, wander in a mall or watch a movie all by my lonesome. i also enjoy it when no one's at home and everything is silent except for the birds twittering about and the noise of the occasional car or tricycle passing by.

5. i prefer walking to riding, and if manila isn't that polluted i'd have walked everyday. new york city is almost the same as manila but it's more conducive to pedestrians because of the wide sidewalks. i remember my brother and i crossed the george washington bridge to manhattan (from fort lee) and walked on until times square. and on another occasion, from 42nd street to canal street in chinatown and back. whew!

6. i am very poor at math. would you believe it was when i was in college that i only fully understood some concepts we learned in elementary? (like percentages, fractions, ratio, etc)but somehow i enjoyed statistics in high school. but the others? never mind. it's a miracle i survived school.

7. i like getting lost in unfamiliar places. this only applies when i don't have a specific destination and have no meetings.

8. ahh, cell phones. i never bought one for myself since 2003. from that time up to the present, my cell phones are hand-me-downs--3210 (from my cousin), 8250 (aunt's) and the latest one which i don't know the model of (from my brother). they also have the same problem: old batteries. hehehe. at least my present phone is colored now lolz.

ok, 8 people i'm gonna tag... pearl, islander, yatot, tofubaby, layla, dons, tutubi and verns. =)

add on:


can you guess what's my fave song for the moment? ;)

30 comments:

  1. Opo, my idea of soundtripping is also listening to one of two songs for one day, one week, or one month. I won't get bored. My friends think I am weird but that's me!

    ;)

    I enjoy solitude too and just like you, I don't really like Maths. Nyahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting, I enjoy solitude, don't like math, love music, but I will ride before I walk. cool post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha you remind me of the woman from Ripley's Believe It or Not...the one who holds the longest nails in the whole wide world hehe it was unbelievable Carlotta! I mean aside from the fact that she looks like a witch (sorry baka idol mo pa yun hehe) the nails were really creepy hehe Me I prefer it short...pretty domesticated at home so you know. Long or manicured nails just get in the way. :)

    I hate math too.

    Alright will do the meme hopefully sooner than later :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a bit puzzled by the long nails...

    ReplyDelete
  5. kyels: you know what's ironic? i was best in math... in kindergarten. nyahahaha! =)

    luke: haha yeah, especially if you're going a long way. thanks! =)

    verns: for the record, i like painting my nails black. hehehe. =)

    sidney: just one of my quirks, lol. you'd be surprised at how many they are. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patay ka! Me talent portion sa 23. Kasama ka sa presentors. Yung sa yo, 10 minute radio reprise of Sisang Tabak. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pareho tayo sa muner 5, mas gusto ko naglalakad kayasa sumasakay. lalo na kung di naman kalayuan kasi grabe angtraffic sa atin, yun lang kalaban ay alikabok at pollution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, thanks for doing this Carlotta. Oh, what fun... you can do different voices. Pwede ka talagang pang-radyo. I'd love to see your nails. I also love getting lost in unfamiliar places. You learn more about those places when you're lost.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aryo: naku! hindi na pala ako pupunta hehehe! ;P

    iskoo: hay oo agree ako jan. minsan nga kung traffic nilalakad ko na lang talaga.

    toe: hi! no prob, i enjoyed doing this meme. =) sige, post ko dito yung picture nung nails ko at their longest, take a look at larawan. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ngeks di ba nakakaturete naman yun? yung isa o dalawang kanta the whole day for a month? lol!!

    I love radio or playing music sa cd player pero hindi yung iisa lang pinakikinggan :)

    teka teka bakit left finger lang ang gusto mong mahaba ang nail? bakit hindi pantay? lol!!!

    bagay ka pala dito kasi kapag wala kang sasakyan no choice kundi maglakad kasi walang bus ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your #4 is so... Me. Hehe :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. melai! buti naman at nagparamdam ka. =) di naman nakakturete ang pakikinig ng isang kanta kasi meron naman akong pinakikinggang iba, yun nga lang mas maraming beses ang isa kesa iba. =)

    kaya mas mahaba yung sa kaliwa kasi hindi madaling mabali. =)

    snglguy: nakikita ko nga sa mga entries mo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Naaliw talaga ako. I saw the original post at hirap ah! Di rin ako tumutula. Ahihii

    Katuwa! I also enjoy soltitude. I try to be by myself at least once a month and do things by myself. ^^,

    Music has been part of my world too. But sometimes, I enjoy peace and quiet as well.

    Galing talaga. Buti ka pa kayang magpahaba ng kuko.Ako kapraso lang talaga.

    Napasaya talaga ako. ^^ Thanks for tagging me. Ibig sabihin may nakaalala sa akin. Hahaha ^^,

    I'll do my best. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great meme - good to know you even better!
    I love solitude too and play it a lot on my mobile phone.
    Wish you a great end to your week:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay... I read #6 and about fell over. I wish I had your brain right now, because I so DO NOT GET STATS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhhh so kanan ka pala kasi :)
    hehehehe sana gets no lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. abbie: at baket naman kita hindi maaalala? hihihi! you are one of my first blogfriends. =)

    rennyba: thanks! hope you had a great weekend! =)

    rochelle: well, for some reason i enjoyed it though i still get confused with the concepts sometimes. i guess the teacher was the best math teacher i've had in high school. =)

    melai: lolz! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well... maybe my prof will end up being the kind of teacher that I can learn from. Last semester just about killed me! I'm sure I'll dedicate more than one blog about it! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fort Lee to Times Square is indeed a trek.

    I do miss walking which I did a lot in NYC. On weekends I'd alternate between biking and walking, but then I'd have to worry where to lock my bike if I had to go inside a establishment.

    But Times Square to Can Street is always a pleasurable walk, especially down Broadway.

    ReplyDelete
  20. unique nga, growing nails, mahirapmagmaintain nun ha, ang sipag maglinis.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sure you'll be healthy for a long period of time because of your love to walk. 42nd Street to Canal Street? That's quite far ha? Ilang train stations din yun. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to know a few things about you...
    There are traits we share in common...
    I haven't been to New York yet so I can't relate with your walking experience there.
    But I also would like to walk given more time for it...

    ReplyDelete
  23. rochelle: lolz! but who knows, right? =)

    señor enrique: when my brother and i walked down broadway, we didn't have any specific destination. so we were surprised when we suddenly found ourselves in canal st, lol. but it was an enjoyable walk because we passed lots of bookstores like strand and scholastic. =)

    iskoo: mahirap nga magmaintain, pero carry naman in fairness. =)

    abaniko: malayo nga. tas from canal balik naman ng times square by way of 8th and 9th aves. (pazigzag through the streets) =) thanks for dropping by! =)

    dodongflores: nice to know that. =) when you go to nyc one week is not enough coz there are so many great places to see. =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are indeed a traveller. Medyo me common traits sa mga traveler eh. hehe. Ako rin, di nabubuhay ng walang music. Nice to know about you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh no!

    why me? i don't do tags... :(

    anyway, i will reply to this next week promise but in my paetechie blog :)

    awfully busy this week

    ReplyDelete
  26. eto na po yung reply ni tutubi dito :P

    ReplyDelete
  27. nananahimik ako sa isang sulok pati ba naman ako?! hwehwehwe... it's been awhile since i got tagged tho... sige na nga!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello, Carlotta!
    No update yet. I surmise you're quite busy yet. It's rainy day once again. Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. ang haba nga ng nails mo, as in sa kaliwa lng tlga ang mahaba? mahilig din ako sa music, wlang araw yata na hindi ako pwedeng walang music. Link po kita? Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. dessa: hi! sure we can link-ex. pero hindi ko makita blog mo, hindi daw available for public view. =) ano blog mo? =)

    ReplyDelete

Virent Ova! Viret Perna!!