Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hotdog 2

Ooh, yeah. My bro and I just had our second hotdog-catering-to-the-call-center-peeps this morning. THIS. MORNING. EARLIER than the CRACK of DAWN. Just a little after midnight. So early, but by the time I finished, it was time for me to prepare for work (4AM).

In the first Hotdog entry, I've mentioned that a person should have a lot of energy when preparing food. Well, this morning I thought that I would collapse from lack of sleep. My mind wasn't even working well enough to count the cooked hotdogs on sticks in the foil tray, let alone stick those bbq sticks in the hotdogs properly. And so my mum comes back down to the rescue (she just came in from an oldies party... mum, what would I do withoutchu? ü) In a short while, however, my foggy mind cleared a bit for me to stick in those sticks more properly but forget about the counting. Of course, the cooking was in my brother's hands and he thought of a sorta-brilliant way of cooking hotdogs in bulk--dry heat--in the oven. Cuts the cooking time and use of cooking oil in half. Lesser mess, too.

One thing that kept me going is that I would get something from this at last, and I don't mean one hotdog or two. *wink* *wink* Another thing is that in every kilo of those TJ Hotdogs, you'll get free tinier-than-cocktail-hotdogs in a Christmas ball shape, especially made for the Christmas season. Yum, yum! Since they're not included in the menu, I get all of them to myself. Just kidding. =) Hopefully next time, though, we could graduate from hotdogs on sticks to hotdog sandwiches to tuna sandwiches and pasta and cookies and...

Tune in for the next catering escapade.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good luck with your catering biz. Boy, I can eat some hotdogs now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! kakagutom dito :)

    ReplyDelete

Virent Ova! Viret Perna!!